FIJI SUN Tanning Lamp
A facial & sectional body tanning sunlamp by Sperti Sunlampssunlamp by Sperti Sunlamps.
The Fiji Sun personal home tanning lamp is the best home sunlamp available.
Priced at $319 it costs more than double the competitor, the small white plastic face tanners made in the Far East, but ours is truly effective with substantial size & power. All Sperti Sunlamps including the Fiji Sun are very well-made here in the USA and will provide many years of service.
Quality construction with all metal housing, custom-made & replaceable long-life tanning bulbs, effective tanning power to cover the entire facial area (head, face, neck, shoulders and upper chest). The average exposure for tanning a particular section of the body is 10 minutes on the 1 to 15 minute timer dial. So before you blow $120-$175 on the little white face tanner that is not very effective and will likely disappoint you, please do a little a research first.15 minute timer dial. So before you blow $120-$175 on the little white face tanner that is not very effective and will likely disappoint you, please do a little a research first.
Convenient? 15 seconds to set-up, then relax for a quick and effective tanning session that is just 5 to 15 minutes long for the average user.
FEATURES of the FIJI Sun Tanning Lamp:
- Powerful and effective, it works very well with brief sessions (average Fiji Sun session is 8 minutes, 1-15 minute timer dial)
- Fiji Sun is a larger unit with more coverage, not just a facial tanner, it's a face & sectional body tanner.
- Auto shut-off timer dial with any setting from 1 to 15 minutes.
- 1 year Sperti Factory Warranty on the unit, six months on the bulbs.
- Made in the USA, and it is very well made with heavy gauge metal housing for long life and durability.
- Sperti Sunlamps use Electronic Ballasts (Electronic = Good, these are NOT magnetic ballasts)
- This FIJI plugs into a regular/standard 110v power outlet. (+ It does also have 220v capability for overseas use). Removable power cord design.
- Top UV technology, cool-running bulbs, easily to change.
- Bulbs are included and installed. This FIJI has FOUR bulbs, and is delivered ready to use.
- 1000 hour long life Fiji Sun Bulbs included. Approx. 1000 usage hours, a very long time, 5+ years.
- SIZE: The FIJI is: 22.5" wide, 9" deep, 14" tall. It weighs 15 pounds.
- Protective eyewear is included - two pair free (which is good for sanitary hygiene, don't share eyewear).
The FIJI Sunlamp was released in March, 2011. It comes from the same manufacturer that has been making UV tanning lamps for about 70 years. This recent product improvement, basically a technology upgrade in the UV lighting and delivery, is the new FIJI Sun Tanning Lamp, a larger unit than earlier sunlamp models and is not only a great facial tanner - its size & coverage makes it a sectional body tanner.
The FIJI Sun: $319.00
The Sperti official store is processing orders for Summer Tan.
To order or read more please CLICK over to the Official Sperti store at: www.Sperti.com
Required posting - In mid 2014 the FDA began requiring all UV sunlamps (sunlamps, tanning beds, etc.), tanning equipment, tanning salons, stores, etc. POST THESE NEW WARNINGS:
"Contraindication: This product is contraindicated for use on persons under the age of 18 years."
"Contraindication: This product must not be used if skin lesions or open wounds are present."
"Warning: This product should not be used on individuals who have had skin cancer or have a family history of skin cancer."
"Warning: Persons repeatedly exposed to UV radiation should be regularly evaluated for skin cancer."
Other misc. notes on The Fiji Sun:
- It provides a large area of coverage so you can cover more area in a session, and the Fiji covers enough area to be called a sectional tanner, or a body tanner, more than just a 'facial tanner'. - The operating temperature is cool which means there is not a 'cool-down' time for the FIJI, which means you can immediately restart the unit to tan another section of your body. You won't have that hot & muggy feeling from heat, this unit stays cool. - The Fiji plugs into a REGULAR/STANDARD 110v power outlet. It automatically comes with multi-voltage capability (220v-110v) for use overseas, just an FYI. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: these run on 220v and you get a power cord to match your country when you order online at Sperti.com. - The Fiji has FOUR fluorescent tube style UV bulbs which have a very long life (1000 hours recommended replacement - bulbs don't just burn out, they eventually lose UV power). Approx. UV output is 25-30% UVB, 75-70% UVA. - Simply put it on any flat surface and the table top stand (included) allows you to adjust/point it at the desired angle (tilting it upward, downward, straight, whatever angle you want). - The Fiji is a very effective and powerful unit. With the 'cool' running bulbs it doesn't generate much heat at all, so don't be tricked into overexposing just because you don't feel the heat as you would from outdoor sunshine.
When you receive your unit there will be guidelines in the owner's manual for exposure time, but in quick summary: start off slowly with a 3 to 5 minute session the first time/day. The sitting distance away from the unit is 18" inches, and as an example of coverage this would cover from the top of your head all the way down to mid or lower torso in a session. Every individual will vary, but on average 2 or 3 sessions per week will keep a light to medium base tan.
You can tan any area of the body with the FIJI. You can place it on any flat surface (floor, coffee table, counter, etc.) and adjust the angle the sunlamp is pointing at, if you wish, and simply place yourself in front of it. It is okay to move around to tan various areas, each side for example.
The most common thought a sunlamp customer has is, "will it work?", and "is it powerful enough to be effective?" - Yes, absolutely, the FIJI (and the other sunlamps we sell) have the power, and are effective.
Will I also get Vitamin D from using the FIJI? Yes, absolutely, the Fiji emits approx. 25-30% UVB, the ray that the body uses to generate natural Vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D is very good for the body, and one cannot overdose on natural vitamin d production.
"I used my Fiji Sun to tan my butt and get rid of a few little red pimples there too. I now have a smooth tan all over body, including a nicely tanned butt that my boyfriend loves!" - Candi from St. Louis
THE COMPETITION? There are just a few designs out there. The little white plastic (made in China) with 4 little bulbs are not very effective, the UV tanning power is weak, which is why they have 30 minute timer dials and you see the users in pictures leaning over the units to position their faces just a few inches away. These units are sold under several different brand names, made of white plastic, and made in China (ask the store if not listed). There are a few variations with a few different company stickers put on them, and they all run off four mini bulbs. Also, a fact that is hidden from most shoppers is that the units are small in size. If you look for the dimensions of the unit you may not find them. Most sites selling these do not to list the size! ...box arrives and customer says...."It looked so much bigger on the internet". The lure of this particular design is that it does in fact 'look good', and the $89 - $149 price tag looks even better. We've tested this unit and a few of these 4 mini bulb designs and variations, on several occasions over the years, and in our opinion after multiple tests, it is too weak to be effective.
What about the Sperti DEL SOL?
The "Del Sol" was a Sperti Sunlamp model that was discontinued several years ago (2011). It was a very good (new Fiji Sun is better) tanning lamp, but used old technology mercury vapor bulbs which have been phased out for newer technology. The "Del Sol" was widely sold and now used units are on eBay & other marketplaces because so many are out there, but please take note that even though a bulb 'lights up' - that does not mean it is still emitting good uv rays. Those DEL SOL UV-93 bulbs lose effectiveness after about 250 hours of use, but don't 'burn-out', so it is surely a 'Buyer Beware' situation if you are buying a used Del Sol (or any older model) online, garage sale, flea market, online auction, etc.. -? "Couldn't I just buy a new replacement UV-93 bulb for the used DEL SOL?" - The UV-93 bulb for the DEL SOL is no longer available, not in stock & not manufactured for many years.
Want to read more, or want to place your order?
Please click over to the official SPERTI store for safe and secure online ordering.
The FIJI Sun and all Sperti Sunlamps ARE IN CONFORMITY WITH PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR SUNLAMP PRODUCTS UNDER 21 CFR 1040.20
Fiji Sun home tanning lamp, it's an effective face & sectional body tanner.
Up close video inspection of the Fiji Sun home tanning lamp by Sperti
Demonstrating how to use the Fiji Sun home tanning lamp by Sperti Sunlamps